Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Brie and Roasted Red Pepper Quesadilla

flour tortilla
roasted red pepper
brie cheese
black pepper
  1. Preheat a nonstick skillet on medium heat.
  2. Cut the roasted red pepper in strips and distribute them on half of the flour tortilla.
  3. Season with black pepper to taste.
  4. Slice the brie and distribute it on top of the roasted red pepper.
  5. Fold the tortilla in half over the roasted red pepper and brie.
  6. Cook the quesadilla in the skillet, flipping occasionally, until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is a little browned and crispy.
I had this for a snack yesterday and for dinner today.  The idea for this flavor combination came from the recipe for "Aubergine Tartine," from the book "The New Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day."  It is basically a baguette topped with roasted garlic, roasted eggplant, roasted red pepper, arugula, and brie.  I made it last week when I had some baguette left, but I didn't have any on hand.  It worked very well to put it in a quesadilla!  I almost added some spinach and shredded mozzarella tonight, but I decided to keep it simple.  I'm sure it would be good that way, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment