1/4 cup uncooked brown rice
1 cup water
1 teaspoon dried minced onion
1 clove garlic, minced
red pepper flakes
1/2 cup frozen corn
4-5 cherry tomatoes, cut up
1/4 cup shredded colby jack cheese
- Rinse and drain lentils.
- Combine the lentils, rice, water, onion, garlic, and spices.
- Bring to a boil. Turn heat down to low and simmer, covered, for 25 minutes. The lentils should be cooked through, and the rice will not be quite done at this point.
- Add the frozen corn and tomatoes. Cook for 10 more minutes.
- Turn of the heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add salt to taste. Stir in the shredded cheese until melted and creamy.