1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1 tablespoon dried onion
1 clove garlic, minced
2 teaspoons flour
1 cup milk
1 can diced tomatoes
salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and stir in the basil, onion, and garlic.
- After about a minute, stir in the flour and cook for a minute or two.
- Whisk in the milk and heat to almost boiling, stirring occasionally (don't let it boil).
- Puree the tomatoes in a blender until very smooth.
- Stir the tomato puree into the milk mixture, and heat to almost boiling, stirring occasionally (don't let it boil).
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.