2 tart apples (I used Braeburn)
3 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and cut up the squash (I got about 3 cups from mine) and the apples into a large bowl. Make sure the pieces are reasonably close to the same size.
- Melt the butter and mix in the ginger, salt, pepper, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Pour butter mixture over the squash and apples and mix well.
- Pour into a buttered baking dish.
- Cover the dish with a lid or foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove lid or foil. Sprinkle pecans over the squash and apples and bake, uncovered, for 25 more minutes, or until squash is tender.
Here is the website where I found the original recipe: