Thursday, January 16, 2014

Roasted Red Pepper Dip

8 ounces sour cream
4 ounces cream cheese
1/2 of a 12-ounce jar of roasted red peppers, drained
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon salt
2-3 green onions, chopped.
  1. Blend the sour cream, cream cheese, red peppers, garlic, and salt in a food processor until well blended.
  2. Stir in the chopped green onions.
  3. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
This dip recipe is from one of those church cookbooks where everyone contributes a recipe.  In this case, it is from the Cuba Booster Club of Cuba, Kansas.  It is surprisingly good, both with fresh veggies and with chips.  I added the garlic and salt to the original recipe, and used green onions instead of chives.  Also, I processed the red peppers by themselves first and squeezed out some of the liquid, because I was afraid the dip would be too runny.  It was kind of runny when I first made it, but it thickened up after sitting in the fridge.  So I don't know if that extra step was necessary or not.  I made it the day before I planned to use it so it would have plenty of time for all the flavors to really come out.  It's such a simple dip, but so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment