Saturday, January 25, 2014

Easy Salad Dressing

1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup red wine vinegar

Combine all ingredients and shake well.  Store tightly sealed at room temperature.  Shake well before each use.

This is the easiest salad dressing, but it's very tasty.  It is the scaled down version of Absolutely Fabulous Greek/House Dressing, and I use it most of the time now instead of ranch or other storebought dressings.  It's certainly better for you!  I measure mine right into one of those vinegar pitchers (?) that has a tight lid.  I just shake it up and pour it on the salad.  I like the vinegar taste in the dressing, but if it's too strong you could increase the olive oil.  I've read that the typical ratio of olive oil to vinegar in dressings is higher than in mine.  Very simple to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment