1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter, very soft
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon orange zest (or zest from one orange)
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup milk
1 1/2 cups chopped cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch loaf pan.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar together until well-blended. Add the egg, orange zest, orange juice, and milk, and mix until well-blended.
- Combine the dry ingredients and wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chopped cranberries.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake for 55 minutes. It is done when a toothpick comes out clean and the edges are starting to pull away from the pan.