Sunday, January 12, 2014

Fudgy Brownies

1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/3 cup flour
  1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
  2. Grease a 9x13 inch pan.
  3. Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
  4. Combine the sugar, cocoa powder, and salt in a large bowl.
  5. Stir in melted butter until mixture is smooth.
  6. Add vanilla and eggs, mixing in the eggs one at a time.
  7. Fold in the flour.
  8. Pour into the greased pan.
  9. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
This is basically Chef John's Chocolate Mint Brownies, but I doubled the recipe, didn't use quite as much cocoa powder, cut the sugar by a little bit, and used double his amount of vanilla.  I also didn't make the icing, because I don't really think brownies need icing.  I used about half a cup of whole wheat flour and the rest white flour.  These were very chocolaty and sweet and fudgy.  I checked them at 30 minutes, because the original recipe said 35, and they were already done, so next time I would probably check them at 25 minutes just to be sure.  Make sure you let them cool completely before you cut them.  They seemed to be a little crumbly when I first tried to cut them but later they stayed together.  Pretty easy recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment