2/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ginger
- Combine all ingredients in a crock pot.
- Cook on low for one to two hours, or until it has started to cook down a little and get thicker and turn brown.
- Take the lid off the crockpot and leave it to cook and thicken for another hour or two.
- After the butter has cooled, transfer it to airtight containers or jars.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer.