1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 1/2 cup shredded coconut
1 cup chopped pecans
2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Beat the butter, brown sugar, and sugar until creamy.
- Beat in the eggs (one at a time), milk, and vanilla.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- Stir in oats, coconut, pecans, and chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Cool for one minute on cookie sheet, then cool on wire rack.
Here is the original recipe: